Individual Strengths

An individual strength I have is effective communication skills. I can relay and receive information in an efficient matter. Nurses have the role of patient advocate, and in order to advocate for what is best for the patient, it is vital to create a trusting relationship. I communicate and listen actively to the patient’s concerns regarding his/her treatment. These strengths are essential because they allow for better collaboration with the patient and the healthcare team. Another strength I possess is my ability to adapt to different scenarios. The different clinical settings have given me confidence in working with various health conditions. I believe this is important because I become comfortable fast and can use my critical thinking skills to act quickly in an effective manner.

Over the past few years, I have developed effective time management skills. I can prioritize and plan accordingly to my schedule. I have also developed an immense amount of cultural knowledge. This allows me to provide culturally competent and sensitive care. Lastly, I am very caring and empathetic. Without these strengths, I believe I would not be able to provide the best patient care. These characteristics are crucial in nursing because they help guide the way patients are treated. I treat the patient from a holistic approach taking into consideration their concerns all while respecting their cultural beliefs.