FAQs

Accessing the OpenLab

I don’t know my City Tech email and/or password. How do I sign up for the OpenLab?

• You need access to your City Tech email in order to sign up for an account.
  • Students can contact the Help Desk on the first floor of the Atrium Building, at 718-260-4900, or studenthelpdesk@citytech.cuny.edu.  Faculty and staff can contact Computing and Information Services.
  • Once you are able to access to your email, please follow our instructions on how to create an account.

I’m trying to create an account but the dropdown where I choose my account type is blank so I can’t choose anything.

• Go back and check your email address.  Did you enter everything correctly?
  • Student email should look like this: firstname.lastname@mail.citytech.cuny.edu
  • Faculty and staff email should look like this: jsmith@citytech.cuny.edu
  • Once your email address is formatted correctly, the dropdown should show either student, or you can choose faculty or staff.

I signed up for the OpenLab but I’m not getting the confirmation email.

• Have you refreshed your inbox?  Try waiting for a few minutes and refreshing your inbox.
  • Have you checked in your spam folder?  There’s a chance it could have gotten caught there.
  • In rare occasions, it could take over an hour to receive the email.
  • Please contact us if you’re still having trouble.

I tried to create my account but when I click on the link in the confirmation email, I see a message that an activation key is needed.

• Have you checked to make sure you’re not already logged in?  If not, go back to the OpenLab home page or refresh the page you’re on.  You will probably see that you’re already logged in.
  • If this doesn’t work, try closing your browser, opening it again, and trying to log in.

I can’t log in to the OpenLab.

• Have you signed up for an account? If not, please follow our instructions on how to create an account.
  • If you have signed up recently, have you received the confirmation email from the OpenLab and clicked on the link in the email to confirm your account? If not, look for the email in your inbox. Please see step 4 of Signing up on the OpenLab.
  • Have you forgotten your username and/or password? If so, click the Forgot Password link in the Log in box on the OpenLab homepage and enter your City Tech email or username to reset your password. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password, as well as a reminder of your username.

I forgot my username and/or password.

• Have you tried resetting your password?
  • Click the Forgot Password link in the Log in box on the OpenLab homepage and enter your City Tech email or username to reset your password. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password, as well as a reminder of your username.
Tags: ,