Professor Joshua Belknap | ENG 1101 ML D105 | Fall 2022

Free Write 12/12/22

For this last stretch of class, we will continue thinking/writing about Unit 3, as well as reflecting on the semester over all. Write a short personal narrative about what you’ve learned about writing, audience, rhetorical strategies, purpose and goals of your writing activities in each specific unit (Education Narrative, Reflective Annotated Bibliography, and Writing in a New Genre Research Project). How do the units fit together, and what was your experience as you progressed from one unit to the next? For this short narrative, provide context, details, and think about audience and purpose. Post your reflection here or email to me.

1. Yuxin

I have learned how to write my own Educational experiences in china and the United States. I also learn where to put the parentheses in my writing. However, I also learned how to write something in more detail for my audience to understand what I am really trying yo tell them. In the rhetorical strategies I have to write who is the author and what the author’s purpose for writing the story is for readers to understand. The purpose or goal in each of my writing units is to have the person who’s reading understand what I am trying to tell them in my writing. The units fit together by having to tell my audience what I am trying to tell them in my writing. The experiences I have as I progressed from one unit to the next is where I will need to put the parentheses and how to see if there are any mistakes in my writing so I can fix the mistake and how to write something in a detail.

2. JiaBaoLiang

I have learned what pathos, logos and ethos are, also learned how to use them in my speech in order to make my speech more powerful. Moreover, for each of my unit projects, the goals of them are much of a muchness, they are all connected to my life or my interests. In my unit one educational narrative, I stated my life of education which shaped me, then I said what’s the things I wanted to develop which is “How to create a fictional wonderful character”. Now, I learned how to use my own way to express my own ideas to my audiences. The experiences I have as I progressed from one unit to the next is that my writing improved and I got more clear about myself which is a treasure to me.