View of the world from 9th Avenue

Saul Steinberg’s View of the World from 9th Avenue published in 1976 and placed on the cover of The New Yorker magazine  portrayed his point of view positioned from 9th Avenue looking towards Hudson River. In this illustration you have an overview perspective from 9th Avenue and you can see only one side of the buildings on the streets going on to 10th Avenue going on the Hudson River. Steinberg doesn’t really get in debt with the drawing from what I see, as a New Yorker I know there’s probably hundreds of interesting places between these streets. But since this is his point of view I can’t really say that is in accurate. Some inaccuracies of this illustration is if you really stood on 9th Avenue you wouldn’t be able to see all the to the Hudson River not even mentioning the Pacific Ocean. You would need a hawk’s peripheral vision and flying abilities to actually see all of those things. From the title from the title i understand that this is the illustrator’s point of view and how he sees the world from 9th Avenue. The New Yorker Magazine is a place usually contains current articles, cartoons, blogs, audio, video, slide shows, an archive of articles etc.. Steinberg’s illustration was appropriate because there was article about Steinberg at the time.