FORT GREENE SUMMARY

Fort greene is a anecdote. It is written by Nelson george who talks about his life change. A change where he moved from Queens to Brooklyn for a complete new life. He tells the audience by sharing his experiences during this time. It was a big turning point in his life. Moving from a busy crowded county to a place where he was actually spend a little time during his childhood. He lived in an apartment which he did not actually like but the wonderful experiences he use to get from there were very crucial in his life. He use to live around famous artist, writers, filmmakers and all others who were famous in those late 1800. By spending time and sharing the thoughts with those people gave him an inspiration that he has the talent in himself too. Even in the writing it said ““My dream was to write a bookshelf of volumes, so many that one day I might drown in them, paper and ink suffocating me in an ocean of my own thoughts.” This deep thought shows that he was a hard worker and passionate. At the same time he saw people around who gave up in life just because they were not able to achieve success. Instead his philosophy was like his mom which was to help out those people and lead them to the path of success by giving them motivational ideas. His theory was that he wanted to have a full active life and to be productive.  In the end he was satisfied with the decision he took in his life.