PROJECT 1# INTRODUCTION

My name is Raunaq Singh. People often call me Ron because it is easier to remember. I am currently a freshmen with a decided major of Accounting in City tech. I am immigrant who just migrated from India in Sep 2010. I graduated from Academy of Finance & Enterprise High School. Its a specialized school for Business located in Long Island city. English is not my first language but I guess i still manage to get with it. I am interested in Math because Math is the only subject where u just have ONE answer for the question and you really have to try hard to find that ONE answer. Also, this interest lead me imagining myself as an Accountant in a business firm. Hopefully, I complete my Bachelorā€™s Degree and a Masters for my this dream to come true.

In my profile I choose my Avatar as myself because I think its always better to talk about yourself so that people get familiar with you. In my opinion, i consider myself as an person who likes to smoke hookah. Also the two friends in the background tell to the audience that I am friendly person. A person who is outgoing and chill. The image on my hat which is ā€œChicago Bullsā€ also tells that i am interested in watching Basketball.

Pictures always convey misleading thoughts. My avatar could be interpreted in many different ways. The first thing people would think is that i am into smoking. People might also consider that i smoke weed too. Also, people might think i am not smart in studies because i am involved in all these dirty works. The piercing on my ear could be considered as Ghetto or acting tough. According to some peopleā€™s view it might be like a show off. Due to the smoke near my face people would think i am trying to hide myself which refers as being shy.

In my opinion, I think its the human nature to create assumptions about a person whom they do not even know just by looking at his/her image. This can always lead to bad relationships among people. Judging someone on their looks is not fair. Its the personā€™s personality which matters the most. People should always try to get to know the other person so they could not make a misleading thought about them. My picture would convey many negative thoughts but i would say if you have a positive mindset you can always take the positive things out and neglect the negative oneā€™s. Some examples of positive thoughts in my image could be that i am outgoing, relaxed, unstressed and a person who enjoys life. I think all this information and image matters because it might not give you the right image of the person but gives you little clues and hints about how the person is in real life.