About Me

I was always taught to love what I do, this way I will never have to work a day in my life. I must say, it easier said than done when it came to finding something that I enjoy and love with a passion. Things took a turn for the better when I decided to volunteer in a dental office across the street from my home. It was fascinating to see the difference dental work and dental maintenance can make on a persons self-esteem. Many times patients would present with pain, discomfort, or/and shame when it came to their oral health, and it was inspiring to see them post treatment, with a hopeful smile and positive energy. The ability to make such a difference in a persons life is what inspired me to pursue a career in oral health.

“Rome wasn’t built in a day” is a saying used frequent at home. This saying attests to the need for time to create great things. With this I made a decision to pursue a career in Dental Hygiene and eventually complete a doctorate in Dentistry. I am very proud with this first milestone that I am almost complete with and I believe it will set a standard for myself in the continuation of my journey of to greatness in Dental school.