Community Service

Robert H. Goddard Middle School

In February 2018, I participated in a Service Learning Project at Robert H. Goddard Middle School with some of my classmates. We created a PowerPoint presentation (attached below) educating the kids on oral and nutritional habits that their age group may encounter such as how to properly care for your teeth while undergoing ortho tx, amount of sugar in the drinks these kids like to drink, herpes virus, importance of mouth guards, etc.Ā  Ā https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/lamden2413sp2018/files/2018/03/Service-Learning-Project.pdfsmiles

Greater New York Dental Convention

My graduating class were volunteers at the 2017 Greater New York Dental ConventionĀ at the Jacob K. Javits Center. We worked specificallyĀ with the “Gives Kids aĀ Smile” ProgramĀ  where multiple elementary schools came out and I was stationed in the sink area where kids were able to demonstrateĀ brushing and receive helpful tips for proper home care.Ā 

M.S. 113 Ronald Edmonds Learning Center

In February, I got the opportunity to screen, apply fluoride varnish,Ā and educateĀ multiple childrenĀ onĀ good nutritional habitsĀ at M.S. 113 Ronald Edmonds Learning Center in Brooklyn. A group of usĀ hygieneĀ students went over to the school to screen and we were provided a formĀ  that included questions based off our findings to let the child take home to a parent that tells them whetherĀ their child needed immediateĀ care, sealants, no caries, etc.

smiles