This is an image of video software being shown on a screen

As we approach the final stretch of our internship, the sense of accomplishment feels great. Collaborating closely with my amazing teammates, we’ve successfully crafted a draft of a comprehensive booklet tailored for OpenLab’s printing needs (In the process of being reviewed). This task has put all our skills to the test from various classes, and the experience of putting them into practice has been nothing short of exhilarating.

Courses like design principles, content creation, and effective communication has been both challenging and rewarding. Crafting deliverables that align with OpenLab’s vision has provided a real-world canvas for the skills acquired throughout my academic journey.

But wait, there’s more! As if the excitement wasn’t enough, a new challenge has presented itself. I find myself in a new task I have never done before and that is screencasting. The task at hand is to create tutorials for OpenLab’s YouTube channel using Screencast, a venture that is entirely new to me. Venturing into a new task like this one can be daunting, but the thrill of learning something new is exciting and valuable to me.

To bring this vision to life, I’ve chosen Vimeo as my canvas. Currently, a script is in the works, undergoing review. The script is the narrative backbone, dictating the precise words that will guide viewers through the tutorials. Crafting an engaging and informative script is an art in itself, and I’m relishing the opportunity to refine this skill.

The journey continues, and I’m grateful for the skills acquired, lessons learned, and the prospect of new ones. OpenLab has not just been a platform for internship; it’s become a dynamic arena for honing skills, fostering collaboration, and embracing the ever-evolving landscape of design and innovation.