Academics

• Final logo project

final history logo project

Final video project

video project before cut

video project after

Revised Visual Enhanced Quotes

Hi here are two of my revised visual enhance quotes

cb6

easy come easy go

About Me

Hi, my name is Alex Salvador I am a communications design major at New York City College of Technology. I recently transferred from The City College of New York. After 4 years of study at City College I realized that the majors there weren’t suited for me. I attempted to complete both an architecture and Economics degree which I wasn’t happy doing. My passion as well as my strengths lied in the arts. I originally sought to enter into the fashion marketing degree here at City Tech but later decided that a Bachelor’s degree in communication and design would be a more flexible and more prosperous career.

Two of my current hobbies and interests include fashion and photography. When it comes to any art form I look for color and good composition. Although I focus on menswear fashion, one of my main inspirations in the fashion industry comes from a female stylist name Ursina Gysi. She has an amazing eye for color, shapes, and has a great ability to create new styles and trends. From my photography hobby a main inspiration of mine comes from a relatively unknown photographer named Trevor Hernandez also known as Gangculture in Instagram. Not only does he inspire me photographically but also in fashion and style. His images are simple and almost mundane but have incredible composition and color use.

I hope to use my degree in communication and design to hopefully create new styles in graphic design and impact others in a similar way that Gysi and Hernandez have inspired me.

Gangculture

One of Trevor Hernandez's Photos

One of Trevor Hernandez’s Photos

Visually Enhanced Quote

20151021_10254920151021_102542

Both of these sketches were my first drafts to my visually enhanced quote of the popular idiom “Easy come,easy go”.

quote1

quote2

Both of the following pdf’s are my second draft where I used Adobe Indesign and Illustrator to create my enhanced quotations. for the first quotation I decided to use stairs to indicate the theme of leaving and coming. I believe that stair are a good representation of the act of entering and leaving. I decided to warp the text into the shape of stairs so that the reader could read the quotation in multiple ways, horizontally and vertically. In my second illustration of the quote “easy come,Easy go” I decided to emphasize the word go so that it seems as though it is leaving the page. In my second draft I decided to to use gradients on the word go so that it appears as though the word is disappearing out of the page.

Good use of Color in Media

The title of the article for this image is “12 Everyday Bottles for Wine Lovers” by Eric Asimov. The image shows a series of wine bottles placed in a bright mustard yellow background. The majority of the whine bottles are white. The only bottles that are colored are in the form of a check; and show some analogous green and complimentary red and purples to the bright mustard yellow. I believe that the contrasting colored bottles work perfectly for the articles message because of its authors intention to demonstrate the selection of few good everyday wine bottles in the midst of many possible choices.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/dining/best-wine-for-any-meal.html?ref=dining