Blog Post 3: Navigating the Culture at CUNY LEADS: A Blend of Creativity and Flexibility

I grew a lot and enrolled in CUNY LEADS, not only about workplace culture but also progressed in many skills. The culture there supports creativity, comfort, and flexibility. The best part with the attire here is that it is informal, and so I am allowed the liberty to dress as per my choice, which means my work attire leans towards something comfortable and, at the same time, functional. Moreover, this aspect of our culture exhibits the play’s emphasis on sociability and diversity, in which all people are welcomed.

Generally, I conduct 2 hours daily from Monday to Friday, which is a short time but has an essential impact on changing people’s outlook on their day. I decided to have an alternating schedule managing both in-person and remote work. The schedule gives me a diverse pattern that suits my academics and personal life. The feature of flexible work schedules, including the blend of remote and on-site work, is key to continuing to enjoy productive work and inspiration.

Teamwork communication effectiveness between Linda and I is maintained in a structured and flexible approach. Linda conducts a 30-minute weekly meeting with me every Wednesday, but it can change depending on what is going on the day. If we are unable to see each other in person we take it to Zoom, and touch base on working projects or upcoming events.

Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva software are what I work with to integrate project management and bridge the design gap seamlessly for the organization’s efficiency. They serve as lenses through which I view art literally and, subsequently, figuratively, allow me to make a significant contribution to our shared purpose. This serves as a realization that the knowledge of digital media is a large part of our job; it makes us more effective as we develop designs and projects that matter.

At CUNY LEADS, one of the college’s most significant assets is its culture, as it is informal, flexible, and has a very collaborative spirit, which is the institution’s foundation. It is a culture that not only supports but also enriches our joint mission to prepare students for the workforce, and it means every day, we are working in an atmosphere that rewards us.