The Cary building is located on Chambers street in Tribeca. It was built in 1856-57 and was designed by Gamaliel King and John Kellum. It is built in the Italian renaissance revival style and has cast iron on its facade. the architectural cast iron work was done by Daniel D. Badger. It is a 5 story twin facade building. It is now a residential building but was built as a commercial structure. The Cary Building became a New York City landmark in 1982. This building was once home to The New York Sun, a daily newspaper distributed from 2002-2008. The ground floor was series of windows and doors separated by slender columns and the upper floors are arcades of windows separated by paired columns. The top has a cornice and a large central medallion reading ”Cary Building.’ In the 1920′ church street was widened and homes next to the building were lost and now the building is on the corner. After the street was widened windows were cut through the facade and windows were added to the church street side. This created a big contrast between the church street side and to the delicately modeled cast iron.