First Week on the Job

My first week on the job at Bridge Agency has been great. Bridge Agency uses a web service called Asana to organize and assign tasks to members of the company. I created an account and have been receiving assignments from Anthony through this service. It is a good tool. For my first tasks Anthony had me “grab cool ads/pictures” from the Internet so that they could talk about them on their social media channels. Later in the day he assigned to me and the other intern to review a request for proposal from a major company that is looking for a marketing campaign for a new project. He wanted us to individually brainstorm and come up with ideas for the project and then send them to him via Asana.

On my first day Anthony asked me if I knew how to edit videos, and I told him that I didn’t. He then asked if I wanted to learn how to do that, and I told him that I did, he told me that he would assign me tutorials. I downloaded Adobe After Effects and he assigned be a set of basic training tutorials, which I watched and practiced with through Monday and Tuesday. After I completed the basic training tutorials Anthony assigned me two specific advanced tutorials on Wednesday and then asked me to create my own 3D room with a title using what I’d learned. Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning I created my own 3D room in After Effects using a photo that I’d taken a few summers ago. With Anthony’s help and guidance I rendered out the video, it hadn’t worked the first time when I tried to do it myself on Wednesday afternoon, because my file was way too large. After I rendered my video, he walked me through changing the codex using Adobe Media Encoder so that I could change the file type to upload my video to Vimeo. I now have my own Vimeo account and my first eight-second 3D video is on line. My video can be watched here. I’m looking forward to learning more about Adobe After Effects and assisting Anthony with video editing for the companies projects throughout the summer