Role Model/Mentor #7

Photo by 祝 鹤槐

For my internship, my role model and mentor was my supervisor he taught me a ton of useful techniques to become more productive. He was super helpful and knowledgeable and was always open to lending a hand to any intern who needed to talk or get information from him. For the first 2 weeks, he was showing me how to do proper color corrections and how to increase the productivity of photo editing faster. While at the events and photo sessions, he was always running the room and showing why having lights or specific angles can drastically make a difference in your photos and videos. As already mentioned he is knowledgeable and the reason for that is because he has been working at the organization for more than a decade now allowing him to learn and progress as an individual.

I aspire not to be like my mentor but to be able to one day say that I have the charisma and knowledge that he has to pass down to more designers coming into or interested in the field. My learning experience with my mentor was what you can call genuine because it was mainly hands-on work and guidance that allowed me to learn so quickly. He allowed me to learn from my mistakes and show me what I need to improve upon before making any finalizations, not holding or micro-managing me every step of the way but assisting when it was needed.

Agustin Melo Galvez, College/Educational, Dept. of Communication Design, NYCCT/CUNY, COMD 4900 – Internship in Communication Design