How I obtained my first internship #1

BY EVG Kowalievska

When I started searching for my internship, I was applying online on job boards such as Indeed, Linked In, and Handshake. I went as far as joining internship interviews online being held by big organizations such as Nike, Google, and Amazon. Unfortunately, I wasn’t one of the selected few which discouraged me from searching, but I continued to search and keep applying. In the process of also applying for these internships, I continued to update my portfolio and LinkedIn page in the hope of increasing my chances of being accepted to the internships I was seeking.

Fortunately, I had kept in contact with a few of my professors from my years at school and I reached out to them asking if they knew any organization or individual who was looking for an intern. I got a reply back from one of the professors I had reached out to and we set up a meeting time to discuss what the internship would entail from the days I would be available to the task and responsibilities I would need to uphold to be on time with project deadlines. I accepted the internship position knowing that with my current skill sets.

Agustin Melo Galvez, College/Educational, Dept. of Communication Design, NYCCT/CUNY, COMD 4900 – Internship in Communication Design