Summarize the Michael Pollan and two image ideas

The article from Michael Pollan ’s “The Botany of Desire: A Plant’s Eye View of the World”, the author discusses his point of views on spraying pesticides and transgenic plants. at the beginning, he tells us a story of planting potato by a farmer. This is bring a conversation of how modern agricultural technology affects crops. The New Leaf potato invented by Monsanto’s genetically engineered product. Using the biotechnology to kill pests with toxins.  However, through the impact of genetically modified food. The New Leaf was finally ended.

For the book cover, I want to use front light, close up, no shadow. As a cover placement, I want to try to duplicate my potato shoot as a GMO idea, use as a background, then I will make type treatment on top.

For the Fresh Direct web homepage, I will bring corns and a plate for the prop. I will shoot key light and fill light, with 2:1 lighting ratio, I would like to try to shoot from the front with close up.

One thought on “Summarize the Michael Pollan and two image ideas

1. rmichals

A close up, may times life size that emphasizes all the irregularities of the potato’s skin could work well. Front light will flatten out the irregularities. You might try side light which should emphasize the texture.

As to the Fresh Direct project, I would suggest front light or overhead light. It probably should be as bright and even as possible. Usually, we use lighting rations to describe lighting ratios in portrait photography but here it does help me see what you are thinking. For this, I would suggest 1:1.