Ethics Entry 1a

For my internship, I use some pngs from online and some I create on my own. I’m not the best at illustrating, so sometimes I may get an illustration from online to incorporate in my design. When I do, I make sure to include the attribution if using a png where it is required. Pixabay, however, has free pngs with no attribution needed. Although this is the case, the pngs are very limited on the site due to this. Over the years while being in school, I’ve worked towards using my own illustrations created through illustrator by constantly looking at references. Sometimes my skills simply aren’t up-to-par. As stated in the AIGA guide, when a designer picks an illustration to use, they are also taking the years of development of the individual style of the illustrator. Due to this, I always try to push my illustration skills because I rather develop and use my own individual style.
When it comes to photography, I tend to rely solely on my supervisors for what they capture on sight due to it being a remote internship. I will do my best to direct the kind of photo I’m looking to be captured to make sure it goes with what I’ve mapped out in my head and in sketches. As mentioned in the AIGA guide, the collaboration between the photographer and designer can help create amazing final creations. If photos of someone they are collaborating with, they will wait for the consent to use before giving to me to use.

AIGA Business_Ethics 47556770-Use-of-photography-1-MB.pdf

https://www.aiga.org/sites/default/files/2021-03/Design-Business-and-Ethics.pdf