Unphotographable

This is a picture i did not take of a modern jazz band bringing life to a dead crowd while awaiting the train, people gathering around for a more fitting view, allowing their train to slip by, some head bobbing, some donating as they pass by, and total strangers dance amongst one another. A mini concert has unfolded and this is the first I’ve seen the station so lively. The power of music.

This entry was posted in assignments, Course Announcements, unphotographable. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Unphotographable

1. Earthmage says:

I always love to see how people, especially new yorkers, will take the time to stop and appreciate a truly talented performance. I’ll never understand people that just treat it as a nuisance and complain about it.

2. Miftahul Hasan says:

Music is one of the greatest gift we have gotten. Without music sometimes life feels empty, and boring. And some people does not know how to value someones talent of creating a work of music. Every work of music deserves certain amount of respect. And it’s really entertaining to see someone or a band playing something in the subway stations, because sometimes when I am having a bad day, it really brings up my mood.