Coronavirus update and SURVEY

Hi everyone,

I know this is a difficult time and it is hard to know how worried to be, or what is the right action to take, in the face of the Covid-19 coronavirus.  I ask for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this public health challenge together.  I’m here to pass along some information from the college, and to ask for your input.

From the Provost: At this point–although it could change quickly–the college is open, and our general message is that unless a faculty member or a student has tested positive for the virus or has good reason to believe they may have been exposed, they should come to class.

In order to be prepared in the event that the college does cancel class meetings, I’m asking you all to complete the brief survey below about your access to technology and ability to participate in various ways from off-campus.

If you have concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to email me or speak to me directly.

Any updates that I receive will be posted to the OpenLab.

Thanks,
Prof. Reitz

Readiness for Off-Campus Participation in Class

In the event that you are not able to attend class, or that class meetings are cancelled, please describe your ability to connect to classroom resources from home/off campus.

• Please indicate your ability to participate in the following resources from home/off-campus.
  • I can access to the internet via a smartphone
  • I can access the internet with a tablet / iPad
  • I can access the internet by laptop or desktop computer
  • I can watch video (with sound).
  • I can watch live streaming video from off-campus during regularly scheduled class times.
  • I can connect to a group video chat, conference call, or other online meeting during classtime (that is, I have a webcam or smartphone and internet access with a sufficient data plan)
  • I can access the WeBWorK system from off-campus, to complete homework assignments.
  • I can access the OpenLab (reading posts, making comments) from off-campus.
  • I have access to email from off-campus
  • I, or someone I live with, has chronic lung disease, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or a compromised immune system
  • Is there anything else you think I should know, that might have some bearing on your ability to participate in class? Do you have any concerns you'd like to share?

Print this page

1 thought on “Coronavirus update and SURVEY”