“It’s so discouraging not to have any advice and companionship about my work” I had to read this maybe 3 or 4 times over. While I was reading the rest of the article, all I could thinking about was that one sentence. I couldn’t figure out why it was the first thing on my mind. My mind wouldn’t let me grasp anything else after I read that sentence.  I realized that it sounded so much like me. I used to constantly think like this. Although, sometimes I still do. Trust me, it’s not the funnest thing to think like that. I believe that at a certain point in life, we all seek validation from someone else because we feel that it’s the right thing to do. We are taught that we shouldn’t make decisions without consulting someone else first when in fact, that is not 100 percent correct. I used to seek so much validation from another person when it came to even dressing myself up, almost anything. I learned that I needed to do things for myself and by myself because there are so many people that are out here to hurt you and don’t have good intentions. You would think that just because they say certain things to make you feel better or so called help you out that they won’t hurt you when in fact, they’re the first ones to hurt you. In The Yellow Wallpaper, she mentions how she just wanted someone to listen but nobody would listen or just thought she was crazy. She wanted to feel accepted, she wanted her husband to make her feel human again. Her husband didn’t understand that though. He just gave her pills and barely listened to her. He disregarded half the things she said to him. Having nobody to listen to her about her work discouraged her and didn’t even give her the strength to write anymore.