Hi Everyone

My name is Saul Arizaga and my pronouns are he/him. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, but ethnically am Mexican. I usual travel every year to Mexico to see my fathers side of the family since the reside over there. I have many interests which can be found both in my academics and outside the school.  My interests within school are Math and Science. My interests outside of school are playing the piano and most of all playing soccer. I am in an academy called “CHAMPS soccer Academy”, and currently play Goalkeeper for them. I am also into piloting as well as designing new things which can benefit the world. I also love to drive around and just go on long walks because I feel at ease when doing these activities. Especially when I am feeling overwhelmed with certain situations in my life. I am an extremely joyful and motivated human being with an immense amount of humor. *Not to toot my own horn lol* A few NYC activities I like to do is jog around Central park and walk around the city, whether it be in stores, retails or public spaces to explore.  To be completely honest, I am feeling a bit nervous about how this is going  to end up for me. I’m not afraid about the work because I have an idea of what’s to come since I had taken college course in high school. I am nervous about the atmosphere as well as my time management skills which is something I continuously struggle with.

A place I find to be not only important but also significant to me has to be the place where my father is from. He is from a coastal region called “Ixtapa Zihuantanejo”. The reason I find this place to be important to me is because it is where both my grandparents, aunts uncles and cousins live, which I only get to see once a year. I also find this place to be important to me because it is my place of relaxation, a place where I don’t worry about how my life is going or is going to be. I am in paradise. I feel free and most importantly a place where I don’t have as much responsibilities to fulfil as if I where in NY. Overall, it is a place where I feel joy and comfort no matter what.

1. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Saul,
    Is this place– where your father is from and where you travel routinely– real? Absolutely stunning. I appreciate what you are saying about the significance of space and place and how different locations (or even rooms, as we learned from Diana Diaz in the piece we read together) affect our psyche. Relatedly, I hear what you’re saying about time management; we’re all adjusting. I’m here to work with you!