Assignment #3B. Reading Response Blog

In my opinion I believe that people should have the right to be forgotten and it doesn’t impose on our 1st amendment right of free speech. In a world that people’s lives are becoming increasingly less private due to social networks and the Internet footprints we leave, I believe that a person should be able to erase there cyber footprint by erasing there searches and content that they have put on the Internet. Due to the fact that anything uploaded and posted to the Internet doesn’t get erased actions commuted by someone during their adolescents can be dug up and used against them later on in there life,which isn’t fair. Although we have freedom of speech, we live in a world where a persons worlds can be misconstrued and twisted to be used against others in a harmful way. There have been many example of politicians, celebrities, and public figures that have had old tweets, Pictures, and Facebook post from their past used against them to discredit them and many of these times it results in to public slander and a loss of theirs jobs and sponsorship’s.