Assignment 9B Google

Vaidhyanathan argues that people trust google blindly and have immense faith in google. People trust google with personal information and this is a cause for worry. He is not totally against google in fact he says, “Google consequently is far more than just the most interesting and successful Internet company of all time. As it catalogs our individual INTRODUCTION 3 and collective judgments, opinions, and (most important) desires, it has grown to be one of the most important global institutions as well” . I agree with this 100%  Google is quite beneficial. It is amazing to have access to answers to all our questions something that probably was not possible twenty years ago.

At the same time when trust is concerned, I am not sure if i trust Google completely. While Google is the answer to everything it is quite scary. The other day I googled my mother’s full name and clicked on a link on Google that had her address and telephone number and that is scary. Also there is access to everything including bad sites with viruses and malware that can be linked through google. Still, I do strongly agree that Google is beneficial to everyone, I am not sure if I would put my immense trust in it.