Progress Report 2: A Plan of Action is Still Just a Plan

It is now around the end of March, and I have been quite busy for the past month or so. Between my responsibilities as crew head, taking a full course load, and culmination, it’s been one wild semester. After pitching the idea to my recently attained technical advisor, Nikki, I have reached out to where I interned, got their permission to record their performance of Arsenic and Old Lace, drafted up a system diagram of what I would be using from the school and how it would interact with the production company’s equipment, and how it would be used. I would be taking a JoeCo, a network switch, and enough CAT5 cables to establish a network with Dante, which would run off my laptop. I would go out from the company’s wireless mic receivers into the network switch, then patch everything in Dante. Then, once I have the recording, I would take the JoeCo back to Vorhees, and use the playback function to mix the show on our system as if it were live. As of right now, the plan is to acquire the gear on April 4th, and return it on April 17th, the end of spring break. This should allow for enough time to take 2 test recordings, and one final recording. Once I have practiced mixing the show a couple times, I plan to record myself mixing the show as proof that it was done.