Journal 6 – NYPIRG Experience

NYPIRG logo.
44th U.S. President, Barack Obama

My internship journey begun with The New York Public Interest Research Group Fund, abbreviated NYPIRG, at the City Tech campus. Founded in 1976, NYPIRG is a non-partisan, non-profit, research and public education organization. Their work is led by and is focused on students, with their issues of interest ranging from free and higher quality CUNY education, environmental issues, protecting voting rights, combatting poverty, fixing public transportation, and advocating for consumer justice. 4 years at City Tech and the name NYPIRG was one I had never heard of and as such, I was unsure of what to expect from working at this organization and how my overall internship experience will turn out. However, fun fact about NYPIRG, Barrack Obama was once a member of this organization during his college years, so the fact that the 44th president of the United States of America begun his career at this organization and elevated to this current icon status, meant that the same could be me of one day, right?