FAMILY BUSINESS

Moving to the US at a young age with 3 siblings was very difficult at times. I grew up watching my father work very hard to provide for his family. That encouraged me to work hard on my education to achieve independence. I started working in the family business and helping my father at age 17 which required me to balance my school, work and social life. I’ve always had interest in the filed of dentistry. While retail business is very different from dentistry both fields require interacting with people. Working for 5+ years in the family business and interacting with different individuals enhanced my communication skills and adaptive skills. This helped me become the person i’m today- approachable and reliable under pressure. I also developed good listening and attention to details skills. I believe these skills are very integral in the dental settings due to the variety of people we interact with and situations  we encounter in the office. I’ve been working on sharping my clinical skills as a dental hygienist and improve my qualities as an authentic individual in my future experience in the dental field.