Setting Maxillary Anterior Denture Teeth

There are four steps to follow as:

1. I use the midline and upper hip line guidance first, then I find the collective width of the six maxillary anterior teeth and measure 8mm the height.
  2. I heat up No.7A carver to cut out of the wax, then I place the mesial surface of the right and left central incisors on the midline, the long axis to the distal slightly tilt. Both the neck of the central incisors are depressed.
  3. I set the long axis of the lateral tooth at an angle that is more distal to the perpendicular than the central incisor. Both of the right and left lateral incisal edges should be shorter 1mm than the central incisors. Also, the necks of lateral incisors are more depressed than the necks of the central incisors.
  4. I use the occlusion plane for assistance and let the incisal tip of the canines to be seated on the plane. The long axis is set up more distal to the perpendicular than the central incisor, but not as much as the lateral incisor. Both the canine teeth are usually located at the corner of the arch and conform to the curve of the anterior teeth. The canines are positioned next to the lateral incisors, and they are on the corresponding opposite side and be followed the contour of the occlusion rim.