SEMIADJUSTABLE ARTICULATOR

• By using the incisal guide pin and rubber band as a guide , I find the midline mark of the maxillary and mandibular occlusion rim. Then I use the knife to draw the midline and lip line on both waxes and the record bases. Also, I am sure the extension pin is still on the red marker, and the incisal guide pin is still touching or setting on the incisal guide table. It is helpful to set the incisal guide table and its wings at 0 degrees, and I set the horizontal condylar guidance at 30 degrees on the horizontal scale later.
  • I carefully seat the maxillary cast with wax in its record base. And the mandibular cast does do the same. In my lab class, I start to mount the mandibular cast first. By using the plaster, let the mandibular cast attach to the lower mounting ring with a slurry accelerated accelerated mix of dental stone( the plaster). Certainly the incisal guide pin must be in contact with the incisal guide table.Let the mandibular cast stand until the plaster hardens.
  • When I am waiting for the mandibular cast to be stabilized and dry, the professor gives me an actual centric relation and occlusal vertical dimension jaw relationship record. He heats sticky wax to attach both occlusion rims together.
  • Now I am mounting the maxillary cast. When the maxillary cast is mounted, I carefully seat the cast in the record base and find the midline to hold it in the right position. I attach the cast to the upper mount plane/ring with a slurry accelerated mix of dental stone(the plaster). By the time, I use the plaster spatula to smooth up to remove all excess mixture.
  • I smooth the mounting the casts with wet/dry sandpaper and clean up the articulator.