Searching for an Internship

The week before my Internship class began, I read through all the information for the class to prepare myself for the first week. I had never taken a class like this before and I was surprised that to read that I should’ve already been applying for internships and would have until Week 03 latest to find one. Immediately after reading this, I went into action and started to apply on Indeed and Monster.com for any Graphic Design internship spots. I also messaged my professor for help with looking for an internship and they helped secure an interview for me at a non profit company.

The first thing I did when applying for internships was to run a fine comb through my portfolio and resume. After all, that is the first impression that the company will have of you so you want to make sure it is 100% correct and proofread so you can start with the best foot forward. I applied to many different positions online but however I only heard back from the non profit and also an internship position at a company in Manhattan. I interviewed at both of these workplaces and I’m waiting to hear back from the one in Manhattan next week.

My resume I had created during my portfolio class

I think the most difficult part of searching for an internship for me was definitely land an interview. I have been fortunate enough to land jobs from an interview in the previous jobs I have had because I am well spoken but getting an interview was hard for me. That was why I was very grateful to my professor for helping me to get an interview with the non profit. The other difficult part was deciding whether I wanted the position at the non profit or if I wanted to first wait on a response from the one in Manhattan. Thankfully the interviewer at the non profit was understanding of my situation and gave a couple of days for me to respond back to them. For now I will wait for a response next week from the company in Manhattan and then decide from there which position I would like to learn at more.