Writing Journal Assignment

Writing Journal Assignment

Writing Journal Assignment
Professor Rodgers
College WritingIn my ebook What Is Writing?, you will find a list and description of ten writing topics/prompts for structured free writing in the section “10 Things To Write About.”  We have already written about the first of these.  Over the course of the semester, I’d like you to write about FOUR of the other nine topics.  This is obviously a very self-directed assignment, and it is important that you pace yourself and space out these structured free writing sessions.  If you wait until the end of the semester to do all of these, you will first of all not greatly enjoy these structured free writing sessions, nor will you have addressed the purpose of this assignment, which is to write very freely and on your own several times over the course of the semester.

I am not giving a length requirement for these Writing Journal entries.  Rather, I’d like you to spend at least ten minutes writing about each one.  You can obviously write for more than ten minutes, but I’d like you to time yourself and spend at least ten minutes writing for each entry.  By the end of the semester, I would like you to have at least FIVE  (5) separate entries in your writing journal, FOUR dedicated to writing about the topics I’ve suggested in my book and one dedicated to a topic of your choice.  **Finally, please know there is no limit to the number of entries that you can make.  I will be happy to read however many entries you post.**