MIDTERM PROJECT : Finalized Illustration using a full range of Value
DUE October 26th
For your Midterm Project you will be revising and completing either Project 1 or Project 2, using a full range of value. You may use any combination of ink and pencil techniques, with digital finishing, to complete your work. Consider this a final art piece, ready to hang in a gallery or submit to a client for publication.
Final work will be judged on the uniqueness, clarity and cleverness of overall the concept, utilization of composition, skillful use of media, and of course overall technique.
You will be graded on both your Work Process Presentation, and on your Final Art.
- 50 % project grade : PROCESS BOOK in PDF format, guiding us through the project from inception to conclusion. (Approximately 10 pages)
Carefully SCAN and Label all of your process work so that your thought process is totally CLEAR.
- Be sure all of your material is presented well: facing the correct way, no shadows in the picture, good contrast, easily legible, etc.
- Consider this to be a report on the project or written self assessment, each visual item should be explained, as though you were giving a presentation on it.
- Your Process book should include :
- Project Introduction
- Concept Sketches
- Value Roughs
- Related Sketchbook Work
- Final Pencil Drawing
- Final Art.
*Be sure to include at least 3 value studies for your project. These may be done digitally or traditionally.
- 50 % project grade Submit a Print Ready 300 DPI JPEG of FINAL ART