How I Brainstorm

What helps me a lot when I have my occasional brain farts I just stop writing. I get up get some water or go do something else for a while. After 10 minutes I go back to my pen and paper and reread what I’ve written, sometimes I change my ideas or the the way I phased something a little differently but, if my first step to brainstorming doesn’t work I make a list.

Its similar to how essays are structured like, when you write an essay you have an introduction, body and paragraph. First depending on the topic I choose three things to that I want to expand on. Based on the chosen topic I used two things that I’ve research about the topic. Then I write about my view on the topic to make whatever I’m writing a more simpler process.

In some cases these two steps to writing something makes finishing it an easier process. But when all fails I just go to sleep rest my mind, body, and soul and the next day I most certainly ready with brand new ideas to finish what I was writing.

One Response to How I Brainstorm

1. Afisha,

I’m having a difficult time assembling the meaning of your first sentence and I’d like to be able to in order to more fully understanding the comments you make. You write, “What helps me a lot when I have my occasional brain farts I just stop writing.” Could you connect the parts of this sentence for me? I’m also curious to know why and how you are using this phrase “brain farts.” Is this a synonym for brainstorming? If so, I’d like to know more about that. For me, the phrase “brain farts” has a unique meaning that is quite distinct from brainstorming, but perhaps for you this is not the case. I’ll be happy to tell you more about how my connotative definition and understanding of “brain farts” should you be interested, but before doing so, let me know if you are interested in hearing more about that.

Overall, there are some very intriguing ideas in this post, some of which need to be further developed and/or more clearly communicated so your reader can fully appreciate them.

Finally, as you may know, I, too, am a big fan of the sleeping or walking to brainstorm method, so I’m delighted to hear you are also.