I’m currently on a Scholarship with Point Foundation where they offer mentorships, networking events, job opportunities, and webinars. With all the great guidance and resources on their end, I make sure to attend any webinars that line up with something I would love to learn about. I recently attended a webinar on March 23rd called ” Preparing for Success in your job interview”.Wanting to make sure I take the right steps since I’ve been applying for some jobs at some museums in the city such as the New Museum and the Whitney. I joined the webinar with a total of 19 attendants, it felt like the perfect size to still feel personal but I’m able to get a sense of what my other peers may need help with. We started off with a rundown of what we think is a good interview and then got into what we normally do for interviews on our own. We had guest speakers, which included a manager at Wells Fargo for Internal Audit by the name of Paul Ricci and Hope Flores who is a Curatorial Assistant at LACMA. They gave us a quick presentation about what they look for during the interview process. I did get surprised by our guest speakers since it wasn’t mentioned in the emails or pdf for this semester’s webinars, it felt last minute to be honest. Regardless I was happy to hear from LACMA’s point of view. Mrs.Flores went into how important experience and education are. Even if we don’t have the exact qualification for the position we can learn how to word our applications correctly so that we have a strong application nonetheless. She mentioned quickly how she asks personal background questions when she’s interested in an applicant. She strongly encouraged us to always prepare what to say if someone were to ask us something personal such as hobbies etc. Then they both said their goodbyes and our mentor for the rest of the session did a quick rundown of the basics of preparing for an interview such as always researching the company and its culture. This would help us understand the organization’s values, mission, and goals. We can also gain insights into the company’s products or services, recent news, and industry trends. Following up with a thank-you email to express your appreciation for the opportunity to interview. We ended up doing popcorn with some attendants going over our resumes and got to ask questions or second opinions. To wrap up I sent a Linkedin invitation to some attendants and Mrs.Flores from LACMA. LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) is one of the museums I would like to work which is why I was thrilled to have a guest speaker give us pointers. The museum is one of the largest art museums in the western United States. Founded in 1961 and located in the Miracle Mile neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. The museum’s collection includes over 150,000 works of art spanning from ancient times to contemporary art. Some of its notable collections include American art, Latin American art, Asian art, and Islamic art. LACMA is also known for its iconic “Urban Light” installation, which consists of 202 restored street lamps from the 1920s and 1930s.

Sent a connect invite to Mrs.Flores
“Urban Light” installation at LACMA