During the first two weeks of my internship, I was given the task of thinking of ideas for new workshop ideas that the Transit Museum could offer. We tend to mostly have little children-focused events so I thought maybe offering something for an older audience would be a good call. Since there are many train fact fanatics I thought of doing something along the lines of doing Kahoot with train facts but it seems like something anyone can do at home and having it in person wouldn’t be that engaging of an event. Another idea was a scavenger hunt around the museum but unlike the kid version we offer it would be just descriptions and within a set time. Overall I wasn’t too happy with the logistics of it because there are safety concerns that would come along with it or making it accessible for everyone. After thinking and asking some visitors who were willing to give their opinions on what events they would like to see. Surprisingly many wanted to see reenactment tours they can book. Since it was all different years I thought it is a great idea to offer different era tours from the years of the train carts offered in the museum collection. Since that was a fan favorite and easy to work with I gave my survivor the idea of the event and it would be nice to have the visitors have the chance to come dressed up as well. She loved it and had it noted down to workshop on it later with higher-ups. Overall it was fun trying to think of stuff and it was very open with no real limits to what I could offer. Feeling accomplished with reinforcing my dream of working at a museum one day.

Writing down ideas in my notebook to brainstorm