My Joys of NYC Tech Nursing Program

This is my first post and I just want to share with you what I have learned at New York City Technical College during my transition from AAS nursing to baccalaureate nursing. I have learned different aspects of leadership management that I was unaware of and am now able to understand my manager more than ever. After the leadership class I now know what it takes to be a good leader as well as feeling comfortable looking at a budget and understanding all principles of it – thank you professor Hernandez! I have also learned a lot about research and how to find reputable sites and databases – thank you professor Kean! I have learned a vast amount of knowledge in community nursing; taking the community class has showed me what and how community nursing is and how I could, as a professional registered nurse, make a difference in so many people’s lives. In my community rotation my heart was able to touch and be touched by the clients who gave me such an overwhelming wave of joy and reminded me why I got into nursing in the first place. I have learned how to look up various neighborhoods to see what health issues, rates, and trends are affecting that particular area and incorporate that into teaching plans for that community – thanks professor Egues. I have unraveled a mystery that has been buzzing around me for a long time- what does a case manager actually do? By taking the case management class I have a clear interpretation what case managers do and I also understand the principles of a case manager – thanks professor Falk! Thanks to all my clinical professors as well for sharing your vast amount of clinical knowledge with me. I am so glad to be a part of NYC Tech Baccalaureate Nursing Program.