Street Mural

Domino Park

Domino Park

The Domino Park I enjoyed my visit to the Domino Park, which was opened on June 10, 2018 in Williamsburg along the Williamsburg waterfront. It was interesting to know that the park was designed by Mark Reigelman, who also designed the High Line. I could see the similarity such as the lounge chairs. I like the fact that most of the old equipment’s from the sugar factory were incorporated in the design of the park such as the syrup tanks. The volleyball sand pit was something I have never seen in a park before, which I think was really cool. The Park also has security cameras throughout, which is a really good idea for added security. Everything about the park was just beautiful and very detail oriented. The park really tells the story of the Domino Sugar Factory. The only problem I had was the food option. I think they would do better if they had some food trucks, because the wait was so long due to having only one restaurant on site. Also, the food selection was only limited to only Tacos, which I think was over price for the portion. I think they should add items such as Hot Dogs and Pizza to the menu. The area around the Domino Sugar Factory is being developed into a residential site. Construction is underway for apartment complex and condos while I was there. The site that was once an industrial site has been transformed into residential towers and office space.