Gugghenheim museum

Giacometti art design

According to the museum’s website it is an internationally renowned art museum and one of the most significant architectural icons of the 20th century, the Guggenheim Museum in New York is at once a vital cultural center, an educational institution, and the heart of an international network of museums. Visitors can experience modern and contemporary art, lectures by artists and critics, performances and film screenings, classes for teens and adults, and daily tours of the galleries led by museum educators. A NYC architectural masterpiece, the Guggenheim museum is home to one of the finest modern art collections in the world.

The collection focuses on Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, early Modern and contemporary art and also features special exhibitions throughout the year. The museum was established by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation in 1939 as the Museum of Non-Objective Painting, under the guidance of its first director, the artist Hilla von Rebay. It adopted its current name after the death of its founder, Solomon R. Guggenheim, in 1952.

I chose this museum because I knew it is one of the most famous in NYC. I love contemporary art and modern art and was really excited to how it looks outside and inside. I knew about the museum from word of mouth, I remember a costumer of mine was telling me how amazing her visit was at the museum and she had such a great time, since then I always wanted to go there. The admission is not free, the cost of the ticket is $25 for adults, $18 for students and seniors with a valid ID and free for children under12. The closest transportation by the museum is train 4, 5, 6 and the bus BxM2. More than one million of people visit Guggenheim every year. The visitors are mostly adults with a little presents of children. My comfort level was good, I felt welcomed and the stuff was nice and friendly and I passed the line very fast.

When I visited the museum there was a special exhibition attributed only to a preeminent artist of the twentieth century, Alberto Giacometti (1901–1966) which investigated the human figure for more than forty years. This comprehensive exhibition, collaboration with the Foundation Giacometti in Paris, examines anew the artist’s practice and his unique aesthetic vocabulary. Featuring important works in bronze and in oil, as well as plaster sculptures and drawings never before seen in this country, the exhibition aims to provide a deeper understanding of this artist, whose intensive focus on the human condition continues to provoke and inspire new generations. I never heard about this artist and I was very impressed by his art. I learned that he mostly seen his project when in sleep to bring it to reality the next day. The website of the museum is user friendly and shows the hours, the process, the directions, history and explains the exhibitions, overall is a great website .I would recommend anyone to visit the Guggenheim museum in NYC, it’s a great experience and a lot of fun.