lower Manhattan toure

Ā Ā Ā 

I really enjoyed my tour of lower Manhattan on Tuesday. It was my first time visiting that area since I moved to New York. It was interesting to see some of the older buildings and how they are being preserved and incorporated into the modern buildings. I also get to see how the Fraunces Tavern is used as part museum and part restaurant. According to Wikipedia. Com, Fraunces TavernĀ is a landmarkĀ museumĀ and restaurant inĀ New York City, the location played a prominent role in history before, during and after theĀ American Revolution, serving as a headquarters forĀ George Washington, a venue for peace negotiations with theĀ British, and housing federal offices in the Early Republic. It was really good to see such beautiful historic building preserved and not demolish and replace with big meaningless monuments. Inside was small but felt cozy and welcoming at the same time.

Ā Ā 

Bull on wall street and the little girl

I was also happy to finally get a chance to walk down Wall Street and see the statue of the Bull. I didnā€™t understand what the term ā€œBull of Wall Streetā€ meant; this trip gave me a better understanding of the term. I also like the statue of the little girl and the way she stands up to the bull. Although the two statuesĀ were designed by two different people and have no relation to each other, it really tells a story and shouldĀ remain there. The statueĀ of the little girl represents power and straight.

It was my very first time to the 9/11 memorial site which is very sad to say since it was such a dark day for us all in the USA. The site was breathtaking and sad at the same time. Just by standing there looking at all the names of all the people who die that day, I couldnā€™t help but feel sad.Ā  The design with the waterfalls reminded me of Niagara Fall. The sound from the waterfalls really gives off a relaxing and mournful feeling at the same time. It really felt like all the souls that were lost on that day was resting there.

Overall it was a really great experience for me and I will definitely go back to that area to explore a little more. I didnā€™t know that the Staten Island ferry was free to travel to see the statue of liberty.Ā  I am thinking about going back to the ferry on my day off and go for a ride to see the statue.