The Met – Abisola

My urban tourism class and I took a trip to the New York Metropolitan Museum on the most beautiful day. It was such a hot day. I honestly felt like I was melting. Usually I’m not a big fan of museums. But ever since I started this class, I have more of interest of getting to know NYC. I lived in NYC for 22 years. And it’s sad to say I don’t know as much of tourist destination places. On my way to the METS I didn’t even realize I was next to my professor on the 4 train. It was quite funny because it’s always good to know your surroundings. Professor and I had a great conversation about buildings that also surrounding the area. And it’s fascinating We choose this museum because the Met is a huge tourist attraction. Coming from where I live it’s takes about an hour 30 min. So, in terms of convenient it wasn’t. However, because most of the people that visit is tourist and not residence of New York, according to the Met website they may have to pay; $25 dollars for adults $17 dollars for seniors; $12 for students; and free for Members, Patrons, and children under 12 and the good thing is you can spend the whole day there if you wanted. The museum fee, I agree it may be too much money, but I believe that it is worth it, and it is crucial for the survival of this beautiful museum. My comfort level at the museums was great, I felt very welcome. There were so many students from schools on the trip. Also, a lot of tourist so it was pack. We had a great tour guide, who had a group of people. But overall, she did an amazing job handling our group. I also, participated in the questions she asked about the paintings and what stood out to us. The focuses of the collection inside the Met is a mix of contemporary, realism, sculptures, Impressionism and so much more. The highlight to me was the heavenly bodies fashion and the catholic expression exhibition because that was the first thing I seen from the front before walking in.