Clinical work

This patient had type III (localized IV) periodontitis with class 1 mobility in sextant 5. I was lucky enough to have Dr. Ecklman as my faculty to show me how to hand scale her teeth so as not to do more damage.

After two appointments of scaling, I placed arestin in 8 sites around the posterior of this patient. When she came back for evaluation there was only 1 site that we did not see at least 1 mm pocket depth reduction.

This patient presented with black line stain on the buccal of his maxillary molars and the lingual of his anterior teeth. He comes in every 3 months to have it removed with the prophy jet. I have treated him and removed his staining 2 times.
I have learned how to place a rubber dam and then place a sealant and used this technique 5 times on 3 separate patients.
I have treated 3 children in the clinic, a 7 year old, an 8 year old and a 9 year old. the 9 year old had staining on all of the lingual surfaces due to an iron supplement that he was taking and that had to be scaled off. I also placed 2 sealants on children with cotton rolls for isolation.