Meet the project collaborators. (Listed alphabetically by first name.)

Daniel T. Romanowski

Daniel T. Romanowski moved to New York City 10 years ago in pursuit of a fine-dining culinary career and to be closer to the USA Shaolin Temple for martial arts training. After developing skills in the hospitality field, he was able to achieve accomplishments such as cooking a tasting menu for Joel Robuchon (Gordon Ramsey’s mentor), working in high-volume NYC kitchens with autonomy, and refining the skill of daily menu writing and execution. Dan noticed he had an apt for pattern recognition in daily tasks, and he thought this would be apical with computer programming so Dan decided it was time to switch careers. At this point, he enrolled in classes at Borough of Manhattan Community College, earning his Associates in Applied Science, and then transferring to New York City College of Technology as a BTech major focusing on Software Development. 

Enmanuel Arias

My name is Enmanuel Arias. I am a senior at City Tech, pursuing a BTech in CST with a concentration in Software Development. The majority of my academic career was focused solely on myself until I was introduced to the SGA (Student Government Association) via an email seeking volunteers. I spent the entirety of my junior year focusing on giving back to the students at City Tech, planting the seeds for future student leaders with the incoming batch of first-year students, and laying out the foundations for future projects like a food pantry with my fellow peers in the SGA.

After graduating, I aspire to become a full-stack developer or a web developer to put what I have learned through my academic career to use. Ideally, I would like to work within the CUNY institution to give back to the community. Besides career aspirations, I have a passion for video games and writing, so I would love to combine these two passions into a personal project. It has always been my dream to develop my own video game; it is a great way to exercise what I have learned throughout the years.

Jinquan Tan

Jinquan Tan is a senior student at the New York City College of Technology. There he is in pursuance of a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Systems with a concentration in Software Development. Jinquan became interested in programming while learning Python. During 2017-2020, in addition to what he learned in other courses, learned Python, Java, and web programming. When he is not busy, he enjoys playing basketball, working out, playing video games, and hanging out outside with friends.

Lia Barbu

Lia Barbu is a senior student at the New York City College of Technology, Brooklyn, New York. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Systems Technologies with a concentration in Software Development. Lia started her exciting journey in the programming world at LaGuardia Community College, Queens, New York where she obtained an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Programming and Systems. She was born in Galati, Romania, and immigrated to New York in 2011. She currently works in a neuropathology laboratory. She hopes that one day she will develop a successful laboratory information system based on user experience principles. She loves nature, and in her spare time goes hiking, canoeing, or paddling.

Nakeita Clarke

Nakeita is a senior at the New York City College of Technology, where she is pursuing a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Systems with a concentration in Software Development. She previously attended the NYU School of Professional Studies and received a Diploma in User Experience Design. Before that, she received an Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts from the Borough of Manhattan Community College. She was able to combine her academic interest and love for travel and adventure through a summer study abroad semester in Italy. Nakeita has held a long time interest and curiosity of cultures and languages outside of her own. After moving to New York 10 years ago, Nakeita pivoted into the Technology industry and now works as a Service Desk Team Lead. She hopes one day to transition to a role where she is more involved with cognitive technologies used to address sustainability across industries. In her downtime, Nakeita enjoys solo traveling, being creative, either by painting, drawing, or experimenting in the kitchen, and loves to detach from technology for the sake of an engaging book.