Stone Honeycomb Panels
HONYLITE™ Stone Honeycomb Panels are composite wall panels made up of a thin natural stone veneer reinforced with an aluminum honeycomb backing. The stone veneer can be almost any stone including granite, marble, limestone, travertine and onyx.
Combining the aerospace technology of aluminum honeycomb with the timeless beauty of natural granite, marble and limestone, it can be used for a wide variety of applications including those typically considered weight or cost-prohibitive. They have been used extensively in exterior, interior, renovation, elevator, and specialty applications.
HONYLITE™ Stone Honeycomb Panel average weight is 16 kg/sq. m, which is approximately 80% less weight than solid stone. This weight savings alone provides huge savings in installation labor, structural requirements, and installing time.
Tough, durable Stone Honeycomb Panels offer fantastic impact resistance and flexural strength. They can resist up to 60 times more impact than solid 3 cm thick granite.
HONYLITE™ Stone Honeycomb Panel withstands hurricane force winds and large missile impacts. It has excellent performance in bond strength and flexural capacity following 4 pH acid rain and UV radiation exposure.
HONYLITE™ Stone Honeycomb Panel is impervious to water penetration, even with open structured stones such as Travertine, Indiana limestone and French limestone. The fiber-reinforced epoxy skin directly behind the stone provides a waterproof barrier.
- The beauty of natural stone – Granite, marble, limestone, travertine, onyx
- HONYLITE™ Stone Honeycomb Panels weigh 80 percent less than solid stone
- Impact strength more than 60 times greater than 3 cm granite
- Nearly unlimited choice of marble, granite and limestone
- Polished, honed, flamed, bush-hammered, or sandblasted finishes available
- Bond has been tested at a wind load capacity of over 400 psf.
- Holds up to acid freeze-thaw and seismic racking
- Resists large missile impact and dynamic hurricane loading
- Easier color blending and matching
- Will not warp like many 3cm stones.
- Reduced installation time and cost.
- Reduced installed cost
- Can be made into prefabricated wall panels or quickly and easily field installed.
- High flexural strength allows larger size panels and high wind load capacities
- Impervious to water penetration
- The flexibility of the panel makes it the number one choice for seismic conditions
- Stone is permanently bonded over every centimeter with aviation quality epoxy
Wide range of applications wherever extreme lightweight is required such as
- Exterior as well as interior walls of airports and railway stations for better acoustical and heat insulation, good impact resistance and radiation proof.
- Exterior walls of factories for better safety and flexibility exterior applications.
- Large module walls and floors requiring high technical performance.
- Temporary interiors such as exhibitions and showrooms.
- Walls & Floors in elevators.
- Board and yacht interiors.
- Furnishing (counter-tops, panels etc) sliding walks, ceilings.
- Large size panels easily installed without adhesive.
- Prefabricated bathroom cabins for hotels, cruise luxury bath and yachts.
|Average Weight:||16 kg/sq. M|
|Standard panel dimensions:||4’ x 8’ (1220 x 2440)mm|
|Maximum panel dimensions:||5’ x 10’ (1525 x 3050)mm|
|Overall panel thickness:||(25mm ± 1.5mm) or (20mm ± 1.5mm) or (15mm ±1.5mm)|
|Tolerances (length, width & squareness):||( ±1.5 mm)|
|Aluminum honeycomb thickness:||20mm or 15mm or 10mm|