App Idea Awards Launch Party

My first on my own networking event. I was totally rethinking everything I did, I was particularly spectacle about what to wear I didn’t want to be too casual or too fancy. I ended up going with a nice blouse, jeans, and nice booties. I was very nervous being on my own going to meet new people. Id say my number one advice would be move around. I realized that just staying seated wasn’t going to lead me to meeting anyone. I had to speak out and up to just about anyone and everyone, to know more about other companies and what they have to offer.

I attended the General Assembly’s App Idea Awards Launch Party + The State of Early Stage Investing. While doing research about attending network events, I realized I had to know something very important “why am I here?”. That’s the number one question asked during networking events. I was there because I wanted to know the main secrets to structure a affective pitch. During the event I was going to learn tips and tricks for applying to the App Idea Awards.

During the event, we heard tips from

• Jason Klein – Founder & CEO, On Grid Ventures
  • Adam Quinton, Founder & CEO, Lucas Point Ventures
  • Alicia Syrett, Founder & CEO, Pantegrion Capital
  • Zosia Ulatowski – Principal, Cornerstone Ventures
  • Jason Eiswerth – Managing Director, Nima Capital
  • Amy Kadomatsu, President, ROKO Labs

What I learned from General Assembly’s App Idea Awards Launch Party was that you don’t only have to know all the sales and marketing planning for your idea but also be passionate about your idea, that’s most important. You have to be passionate and give off that passion to your investor. The investor has to have some kind of emotional investment in you as well because of the time that later on will be spent on you for your idea.