Week 9

This week, we attended the Nassau County Museum Exhibit Blue and also the Digital Museum at the Cooper Hewitt during class. One piece that stuck out to me during our virtual Tour was the Drawing, World Trade Center Transportation Hub, New York, NY: Sketch, ca. 2014. watercolor and graphite on white wove paper by Santiago Calatrava.

This is the architect sketch of what the building was supposed to look like an angel spreading its wings. It is a sketch of a structure called “Oculus,” but is more commonly referred to as the World Trade Center Transportation Hub. The reason why I chose this piece was it’s elegant look that makes it look like a bird flying from the ground. It is a drawing of the building located in New York City by the World trade center.

The next piece that caught my eye was from Avis R. Johnson:

This is a button from the Cooper Hewitt: Design and Democracy exhibit. I could not find any more info about this button, but it stood out to me because of how it uses bright colors to send it’s message. Also it’s message can be applied to today’s political climate depending on how you feel. The button itself is quite small but its use of color make’s it’s message loud and clear.