Slow Paced Day

Entry 10

For most of this week, since Halloween is over, the rush for most posters and prints have been rather slow, with the exception of few requests for billboards here and there. I was able to utilize this opportunity of free time to catch up on some of my senior assignments that are due. My boss said it was okay as long as we don’t get too behind on the order requests and they aren’t print and produced within the given time slot, I should be okay with working on some other projects from time to time. On top of that, he is very skilled in his publication design skills, so he even offered to read over my magazine and give me any helpful criticism. Boy was it a bittersweet moment, upon seeing the first few pages he already noticed some inconsistencies in the typefaces and said “I should punish you by firing you” since I actually used two different serif fonts in my table of contents. I told him I was just playing around and wasn’t set on what time, so he understood for the most part. He was able to give me some helpful criticism and caught plenty of mistakes that would otherwise go unnoticed by even my professor the last time I showed her.Â