Big Ideas Welcome Here

Diary Assignment #1 Kenny

Diary of a Madman Indoor 2020 During Covid-19

Kenny Uruchima, English 1121 402

March 23-26, 2020

March 23, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

Dear Diary,

9:33 AM

I woke up fairly late since we haven’t had an online session yet for English, but I had my regular physics class to attend to at 10 am, Now I’m going to rush into the shower or else I’ll be late lol.

11:50 AM

Finally finished my physics class and there was a lot of information to take in, I was a little lost in the beginning given that I was about 5 minutes late but overall I got the concept and I’m just glad I got the midterm over with before moving to online for this class.

1:25 PM

Lunch time, now I get to eat my favorite chicken with rice, it’s weird though how lately we’ve been eating together like a family when no one is barely home.

4:00 PM

After from uploading so many songs to my SoundCloud playlist I decided to go play FIFA on my PS4 since I’m barely on it and my little brother recently went from that to PC which means he games on the computer.

8:35 PM

After gaming for so long I found out that I can start a career mode where I play as someone new and I upgrade my player by playing games, by assisting other teammates, scoring goals and being a team player. I also just played with two of my close friends Kid Alex since he’s my age but sounds like a kid due to his voice and Buestan which his actual name is Bryan, but I call him by his last name since I know too many people named Bryan.

10:00 PM

Now going to sleep because I have class at 8 am

March 24, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

1:00 PM

Crazy how I’m writing this in the middle of the day but I literally woke up at 7:30 desperately trying to go back to sleep because I had class at 8 am which was my pre calc class and as usual I didn’t have my camera on just because I was still in my pajamas lol.

I stayed during the lecture and listened to her the whole time, but I was just hoping that she knows I’m present even though she called out attendance.

After that I thought I would have my usual 10 o clock Psychology class but turns out the midterm was today and it was supposed to end at 2pm which is why I’m starting this diary entry a little late well throughout the rush of 1 hour and 30 mins for a two part exam I think I did pretty good because I passed the first part barely but still passed.

3:00 PM

My parents went out to take my newborn baby cousin and my aunt to the pediatrician for his shot. I’m a little worried that they left being that they’re the ones that told me that I should leave but they did anyway.

They came back home with groceries and cooked some bomb a** food, don’t worry before that they washed their hands

5:28 PM

Finally got back on the grind for FIFA, only have two more days for class as well

7:50 PM

Ordered pizza after a while of not eating it, which hit the spot since I feel so sleepy while writing this last entry for the night

March 25, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

9:00 AM

I woke up fairly early for my 10 am physics class and this time I was prepared since I have an extra hour to do whatever I can do before class started.

12:45 AM

No more overwhelming exams except for one tomorrow but I think I’m fully prepared also I was given the news that Spring break would be shorten and CUNY’s would close again for another recess. Not being in the classroom anymore has really affected me to be honest, especially by making me lazy but I know that I must get work done at home just as I do in my classes.

2:55 PM

A nice chicken cutlet with beans, rice and lettuce was what I encountered for lunch I couldn’t resist the smell from the kitchen, but I was ready to devour it.

5:12 PM

My dad brought up an old game that I remembered playing when I was in 6th grade which is called burro, it’s Spanish game but translated into English means donkey and the whole point was to match the same suit but whoever had the higher number won that round and got to play the next card. Whoever had no cards was out the game but whoever was left lost and thus called the donkey.

7:49 PM

Now time to get back on FIFA and back to upgrading my player. Who I really want to be in Real Madrid which is one of my favorite team’s.

10:40 PM

I totally forgot that I had to do homework for psychology and its an essay with short answers after having two parts, this is the end of me especially since I have a test tomorrow morning.

March 26, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

9:40 AM

Finally finished my math pre-calculus class but I didn’t have my test today since most of the students couldn’t open the test, so it was given as a take home test. Now I’m preparing for my psychology class.

11:20 AM

Now that I’m done, I just have one more class which is my IND 112 engineering class which is my last midterm, so I’ll just take a nap about now

1:50 PM

Waking up about 25 minutes before my class starts with a nice warm chicken noodle soup and beef stew with rice. Although I got pretty full, I was full prepared for my midterm.

4:15 PM

I finished the midterm taking me about two hours for three problems I had some trouble, but I actually got it right from reviewing my notes which I feel confident that I passed with a high score.

7:20 PM

I just finished eating a nice bacon cheeseburger with French fries and now I can finally be at peace. Now I’m just watching tv with my parents until I get sleepy.

1. Masha Sukkur

It’s nice to see that you and your family are eating together during this time since you guys barely ate together, it shows how much everyone is affected with everything going on. I agree with the lazy part of not being able to get work done fast, because lately I’ve been procrastinating a lot too but I need to stop and get my work done. Overall, I enjoyed reading your Diary, it was very interesting and I hope you did well on your midterm.