First blog

Hi there, my name is Shania Benjamin and I am a current scholar at New York City College of Technology here in Brooklyn, NY. I am in my third year here and studying in the Hospitality Management field. The Hospitality atmosphere here is something you cannot find anywhere else, here I am able to take on different focuses ranging from being a Culinary Arts class to sitting down in a classroom with fellow scholars learning about the distilled wine and tasting wine from different regions and building my palate of taste. Although at this moment I am uncertain of what I plan to do as an ultimate goal here in the hospitality program I do want to share with you my passion of traveling and being able to experience different cultures of the world and the pictures I’ve taken outside of New York. Helping people was always a quality trait of mine and for that reason I am pursuing the educational background as a hospitality management student. My passion for learning and being able to apply my knowledge outside the classroom is what drives me to take on different opportunities in my field and maybe the reason why I haven’t chosen a specific focus. All in all I am excited to see what this semester has in store for me.