COMD 4900 Internship blog 5

Unlike my usual semesters, I haven’t worked with many clients on my own yet. Rather than an individual project, we are working on brainstorming to improve the college’s social media representation as a team. We are currently mostly focused on Instagram and I have made a few discoveries by looking over other colleges social media as well as ours. Highlights- Instagram story highlights could benefit our social media by including urgent news without having to scroll through tons of photos on the page. Visibility- Visually, the schools social media uses too much blue which is the schools color. I believe many designers are prone to representing the school in designs, but due to this thought different posts lose their identity and become visually boring and confusing. They get lost and seen as unimportant amongst similarly designed posts. Student Engagement- We could potentially increase student engagement by highlighting the achievements of current students or alumni in story posts. The pearl building tv’s which used to advertise student designers inspired me to think like this. Aside from this brainstorming, I do have one project where I am working on an OpenLab site for the faculty publication support program. It is a program that helps the school’s faculty to publish their writing officially. I have been working on this project for two semesters now, due to many changes in vision and time constraints even though it is just a logo. Essentially now I am just changing the current website’s theme as it does not allow logos. I prototyped a few different website themes to see how well the primitive version of the logo will look.