COMD 4900 Internship blog 6

In addition to brainstorming to rebrand the college’s social media, the Faculty Commons Design Team is now thinking about whether we should brand ourselves. We are considering a campaign where we make improvements behind the scenes and advertise what we have done more heavily. We are currently considering how to brand ourselves differently on our own site alongside the school’s social media. We are considering highlighting each designer separately and changes we have made to help the college which will promote our own portfolios and professional social media. One interesting idea a teammate had in our weekly zoom meeting was that we could each design a meet the artist post. Luckily I have one handy that I drew last semester as a class project.
Though we would need to make more professional versions, I think it would be a good idea to make these. I feel that including these alongside our portfolio to introduce ourselves may help potential clients to request specific designers on our team whose work and design style align with their vision when requesting a project. I also think it could engage students to look into applying with us or become inspired by the work of their classmates. We will discuss this issue further in individual meetings. This week we were also all tasked with adding social media components to our current client projects. I am awaiting my next two projects, but currently I am working on the faculty publication support program which helps faculty to publish their writing. By looking at schools’ social media, I have learned that people generally interact more with real life photos than design or illustration. Due to this I thought it would be good to perhaps take a photo of someone who has used the program alongside a confession in the instagram description. Another idea I considered was having a step by step of how the publication process works across 5 Instagram slides. That or making a tutorial video as to how the process works. To accompany the brainstorming I made a very simple thumbnail of how a basic post would be displayed.