COMD 4900 Internship blog 7

This week saw me meeting with two Doctors from the African department of the college for a discussion about two deliverables.

Deliverable 1- A flyer promoting the black women in literature class. The idea for this flyer was to get an image of a black woman with dreadlocks looking fiercely at the viewer to portray seriousness while including a collection of the reading material in the background. This project was given high priority seeing as spring enrollment starts soon. 

Deliverable 2- A website banner for the African department site which contains a collage of professors and historical black figures. The idea for this one is that by hovering over or clicking each individual you can receive background information on them. This project was given a loose deadline so for now I am simply going to explore what I can do and if I will have to incorporate web design.

For deliverable 1 I was given a pre designed thumbnail from the clients and I informed them that I will try my best to keep the same thought process in my design.

Clients Thumbnail:

The circles represent where the photos of the reading material should appear. Image preview